Hey, guys and gurls, readers, I hope, of this blog.
I’ll try to come back to it. I’m sorry for all the time that this blog has been silent, but as my classes began I got very very busy.
Actually, I’ve got so busy that one of the ways I found to relax over everything is to translate and comment Brazilian lyrics once again, so I’m resuming works here on Brazil 70 Translation Project.
I intend to do things this way and you can check it if something is missing:
1. A series of posts about racism (you’ll soon know why…);
2. Translating Jorge Ben’s A Tábua de Esmeralda, just because I like it, OK?
3. Beginning a series of translation of songs about the military dictatorship, which we here in Brazil have just “celebrated” the 50th anniversary of the 1964 coup d’état;
4. Go back again to a series of albums I think are cool, like something from Tim Maia, some Caetano Veloso and Gilberto Gil and maybe something else I don’t know about;
5. Finally, I have a lot of things I’m trying to post here for sometime which don’t fall in all these categories, so stay tuned for some downloads and special “features”.
Hope you enjoy!